You can get to and from campus by renting a city bike. Stations are located at Blindern, downtown and at Tøyen, in addition to many other locations in Oslo.
Stations at Blindern:
- In Moltke Moes vei, by the stairs leading down to Georg Morgenstiernes hus
- Between P. A. Munchs hus and the tram line
- Beween Farmasibygningen and the Fysikkbygningen
- In Blindernveien in front of Domus Theologica
- On the student parking lot behind the Frederikke building
Stations downtown: One station outside the National Theatre and two at Spikersuppa, in front of the Parliament
Stations at Tøyen: By Tøyen primary school, in the south end of the Tøyen park and in Jens Bjelkes gate, by the southern entrance to the Botanical garden
- You have to be a subscriber in order to use the bikes. A Day Pass costs NOK 49, a 3-Day Pass NOK 99 and Season Card NOK 299. Sign up on Oslo City Bike's website (oslobysykkel.no).
- Familiarize yourself with the Norwegian bicycle rules before mounting a bike for the first time in Norway!
How to unlock a bike
- You can unlock a bike with Oslo City Bike app on your phone.
- Alternatively, you can use your phone number and a personal PIN code on a station display.
- A City Bike card can be obtained at an additional cost of 200 NOK at Oslo Visitor Centre at Østbanehallen (visitoslo.com).
- The stations open at 6 AM and close at midnight.
- Check the number of available bikes and locks on Oslo City Bike's map (oslobysykkel.no).
- You can use the bike for up to three hours before you have to return it to a station.
- The season normally lasts from April to late November, as long as the streets are free of ice.
Please contact Oslo CIty Bike if you have any inquieries. You can contact Oslo City Bike on Facebook, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the live chat - scroll down to the bottom right on oslobysykkel.no/en.