Contact persons in cases of whistleblowing
When you consider blowing the whistle on cencurable conditions, it might be a good idea to consult someone you trust. We have made a list of people who can offer you advice.
Contact persons at UiO
The principal rule is to go through the official channels. If it is a case of bullying or harassment, your employer or safety representative must be contacted.
If you are in any doubt in connection with other matters on how useful it will be to go through the official channels, you can contact others at UiO who can give you advice. Examples are:
- Your safety representative (Norwegian)
- Union representatives, see under the individual unions at UiO
- Department of Personnel Support
- Occupational Health Service Unit (BHT)
- Health, Safety and Environment Unit
- Internal Auditing Unit (Norwegian)
Anyone may seek advice from supervisory authorities. Examples:
- The Norwegian Labour Inspection Authority (arbeidstilsynet.no)
- The Norwegian Data Protection Authority (datatilsynet.no)
- The Norwegian Directorate for Civil Protection (dsb.no) (Norwegian)
- The Norwegian Board of Health (Norwegian) (helsetilsynet.no)
- The Competition Authority (konkurransetilsynet.no)
- The Norwegian Radiation Protection Authority (nrpa.no)
- The Norwegian National Authority for Investigation and Prosecution of Economic and Environmental Crime (ØKOKRIM) (okokrim.no)
Are you uncertain as to which rules apply? The Norwegian Labour Inspection Authority’s response service replies to all questions relating to the working environment on telephone number 815 48 222.