Procedure for computer glasses
To ensure that staff who work at a computer screen have their eye test expenses covered, and if they need computer glasses the cost will be covered.
Range of application
This procedure applies to all units at the University with computer workstations.
Managers are responsible for a workplace review before computer glasses are purchased. Staff are responsible for contacting their manager for a workplace review. Staff shall use the signed form for procurement of computer glasses (word) from an optician, and for claiming a refund.
- Staff who need computer glasses should contact their manager.
- Managers should perform a workplace review with the employee, fill out and sign the form for acquisition of computer glasses. Managers can request the assistance of an occupational health therapist if required.
- The employee can choose an optician and must take the completed and signed form with them. Assessment of the need for computer glasses must be performed by an optician.
- Purchase and refund are described on the form.
- If a pair of glasses is broken at work they will be fully replaced by the University.
- Computer glasses can be renewed when worn out or the employee needs a new prescription.
- Compiled by: Staff Unit for HSE, Organisation and Personnel Department
- Authorized by: Tove Kristin Karlsen for University Director Gunn-Elin Aa. Bjørneboe
- Date of authorization: 26.09.2012
- Version: 1
- Case and document no. in ePhorte: 2012/11454-8