You can get to and from campus by renting a city bike. Stations are located on Blindern, downtown and on Tøyen, in addition to many other locations in Oslo.
Stations on Blindern:
- In Moltke Moes vei, by the stairs to Georg Morgenstiernes hus
- Between P. A. Munchs hus and the tram line
- Beween the Pharmacy building and the Physics building
- In Blindernveien outside Domus Theologica
- A station on the student parking lot behind the Frederikke building will be completed during September
Stations downtown: One station outside the National Theatre and two in Spikersuppa, in front of the Parliament.
Stations on Tøyen: by Tøyen primary school, in the south end of the Tøyen park and in Jens Bjelkes gate, by the southern entrance to the Botanical garden.
You have to be a subscriber in order to use the bikes. A subscription costs NOK 299 for the 2016 season. Sign up on Oslo City Bike's website.
How to unlock a bike
- You can unlock a bike with Oslo City Bike app on your phone. Download the app on iPhone. Download the app on Android.
- Alternatively, you can use your phone number and a personal PIN code on a station display.
- A City Bike card can be obtained at an additional cost of 200 NOK at Oslo Visitor Centre on Østbanehallen.
- The stations open at 6 AM and close at midnight.
- Check the number of available bikes and locks on Oslo City Bike's map.
- You can use the bike for up to three hours before you have to return it to a station.
- The season normally lasts from April to late November, as long as the streets are free from ice.
Please contact Oslo CIty Bike if you have any inquieries. You can contact Oslo City Bike on Facebook, send an e-mail to email@example.com or use the live chat - scroll down to the bottom right on oslobysykkel.no/en.