Norwegian for international researchers - basic level 2
The course continues where basic level 1 left off, taking you several steps further in coping with everyday life in Norwegian.
After completing basic level 2, participants should be able to:
- understand clearly spoken Norwegian on subjects relating to everyday life
- talk about such subjects
The course is based on dialogues, focusing on the use of Norwegian in everyday life. We practice common situations and use the language actively from the very first session. The main focus is on spoken Norwegian. We also practice pronunciation, intonation and accentuation as part of the feedback process.
- International researchers at UiO and accompanying spouses/partners who wish to improve their Norwegian language skills.
- International researchers at other research institutions are also welcome to take this course.
Some very basic knowledge of Norwegian is required. Participants must also be able to speak English.
Number of participants
Maximum 25 participants per group
24 class hours; 3 class hours once a week for 8 weeks; start in February, April, September and November
- Group 1: 7 November 2017 - 23 January 2018, Tuesdays 17-20, no class 12, 19, 26 December and 2 January.
- Group 2: 8 November 2017 - 24 January 2018, Wednesdays 13-16. no class 13, 20, 27 December and 3 January.
- NOK 3 300 for researchers and employed spouses/partners
- NOK 1 750 for unemployed spouses/partners
- NOK 4 100 for external researchers
- Researchers should check with their host department whether full or partial sponsorship for Norwegian language courses is available. Please be aware that it is at the department's discretion how to handle this issue. Therefore, conditions will vary throughout the University.
- The spouse/partner rebate is only valid for unemployed spouses/partners who are not otherwise connected to UiO or employed by UiO.
Course participants are required to buy the following books at Akademika Bookstore, Blindern Campus (map), prior to course start:
- Levende norsk (Egebakken & Bostrup), NOK 229
- Levende norsk, Grammar and word list (Egebakken, Bostrup & Andersen), NOK 249
Tuesdays: Erik Skuggevik, lecturer at the ISS.
Wednesdays: Hedvig Solbakken, lecturer at the ISS.
For further information, please contact the ISS by e-mail, email@example.com.
To register, please fill out this on-line form. Applications are handled on a 'first come, first served' basis. Since the number of spaces is limited, we encourage you to apply early.
Please have the following information ready before you fill out the form:
- Your contact information
- Your job title and department at UiO or the external institution you are affiliated with
- Contact information of the person or department that will pay for the course, if different than yourself. Please include the name, title and address of where we can send the bill.
- Researchers employed at UiO must have their course participation approved by their immediate superior.
- The local administrator is expected to make the necessary arrangements for the approved course.
- Enrollment is binding.