- All employees are entitled to 25 days (5 weeks) of holiday per calendar year. Employees who start work at the University after 1 October are entitled to 1 week's holiday during their first year of employment. Holiday entitlement is independent of qualification for the right to holiday money.
Read more about your right to take holiday.
- The number of holiday days that are to be taken is calculated by comparing accrued holiday money with the daily salary in June:
Number of days' holiday = Holiday money / [Monthly salary in June * 12 / (number of working days per week * 52)]
Read more about your obligation to take holiday.
- Employees who did not accrue full holiday entitlement the previous year may normally choose between reduced holiday with full salary or holiday with reduced salary. If an employee takes less than 25 days holiday, this must be reported to the employer on the form for reduced holiday (odt).
- In addition to accrued holiday days, transferred holiday days and holiday days taken in advance are to be taken into account when calculating the total number of holiday days an employee is entitled to in a given year.
- Employees must reach an agreement with their immediate superior regarding the timing of holidays, cf. How to apply for holidays?
- All employees are entitled to demand 3 weeks of consecutive holidays during the period from 1 June to 30 September. However, the exact dates of the holiday are determined by the immediate superior.
- Each of the other two weeks may be demanded taken as whole weeks, but not consecutively.
- Employees who turn 60 years of age in a holiday year are entitled to 1 week's extra holiday. Such employees are entitled to take the extra week as one period, but not necessarily consecutively with the rest of the holiday entitlement.
- Holiday money constitutes 14.3% of the accrual basis for holiday money from the previous year.
- Senior days are not counted as holiday and cannot be carried over from one calendar year to the next.
Published Dec 18, 2011 10:51 PM - Last modified Oct 25, 2012 09:01 AM