Health, safety and the environment
As a research university aspiring an internationally leading position, UiO must have a sustained focus on health, safety and the environment (HSE).
Goals for UiO's HSE efforts
The overriding goals of UiO's efforts in the area of health, safety and the environment are to control risk and to continuously enhance the study and work experience of its students, faculty, and staff.
- having an evolving and fully-justifiable working environment for employees and learning environment for students
- being a capable, inclusive and learning organisation
- having accessible, functional, and safe buildings
- having fully-justifiable activities with respect to the external environment
To control risk the units at UiO shall endeavour in all their activities to appear as fully justifiable by means of actively working with:
- Identification of current HSE risks
- Specific allocation of responsibility
- Good risk management and appropriate contingency plans
To improve the experience the units at UiO shall endeavour in all their activities to have a working and learning environment characterized by equality, respect and openness by means of:
- Continuous efforts for improvement
- Extended cooperation
- Clear leadership