Responsibility for information
Information is a line management and leader responsibility. Your manager is responsible for arranging the internal flow of information where you work. The manager is also responsible for external information and dissemination with respect to the unit’s field of expertise.
- uio.no is UiO's basic source of information. It is one of the largest websites in Norway, in terms of both the amount of information and the number of daily visitors. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- The For employees pages are the main source of internal information for all University employees. Here you will find information about your employment conditions, support to carry out your work responsibilities, UiO's course calendar, internal news, events and much more. Customize your personal start page for your needs, see instructions. Contact email@example.com if you have questions.
- Faculties and other units have their own external websites. See overview of the organization with links to the units' sites.
Search for employees
You can search for all employees in the person search field on the UiO website.
- The UiO events calendar lists the vast majority of external events at the University.
- The Employees calendar announces events aimed at employees.
Publications and online newspapers
The four most important institution-wide publications at UiO are:
|UiO’s internal newspaper is web paper (uniforum.no) (Norwegian) and publishes articles as they appear.. The editors are administratively linked to the Communications Department, although the newspaper is edited according to the Editor Decree and the 'Be Careful' Decree.|
|UiO’s popular science research publication and has as its target group university employees, students and external readers. The paper edition appears four times a year; the web edition (apollon.no) (Norwegian) is regularly updated.|
|The students publish the weekly newspaper Universitas, which is available free of charge at newspaper stands on the campus. Universitas also has a web edition (universitas.no) (Norwegian).|
|Our rector is a industrious and popular blogger. Keep up-to-date with what the top university leader is concerned with by reading The Rector's Blogg (only partially in English)!|