New at UiO
Welcome! You have chosen Norway’s largest academic institution with an exciting working environment as your new workplace. We are some 7.000 employees and 28.000 students spread over several geographic areas.
This information is intended primarily for people who are formally employed by UiO. However, many of the themes are also relevant for those affiliated to the institution in other ways, for example self-financed or stipend-financed Ph.D. candidates or guest lecturers.
UiO – a stimulating and secure workplace
UiO aims to be a stimulating and secure workplace by offering:
- excellent opportunities for professional development by means of a comprehensive competency development programme
- a broad-spectrum welfare programme, including the opportunity to exercise during working hours
- flexibility with respect to working hours for most positions
- a focus on HSE work (health, safety and environment work)
UiO – a large and complex organisation
Being new at UiO, there is a lot to become acquainted with. To help you, we have collated some information that is particularly relevant during the initial phase and will answer the following questions:
- How are new employees introduced to UiO?
- What must I attend to in order to get started?
- What are my employment conditions?
- Who is UiO?
- How can I keep myself informed?
- What abbreviations should I be familiar with?