University of Oslo pensioners
The University of Oslo provides a number of services to its former employees. Here are the most important resources.
Extended affiliation with the University of Oslo
Pensioners who still want to contribute to UiO’s research activities may be offered extended links with the university without being formally employed. Read more in the guidelines (Norwegian).
UiO may give retired employees access to some of UiO’s infrastructure. For information, contact the head of the department you are/have been affiliated with.
- Also after your retirement you may use the training facilities at Student Sports (sio.no) at the same conditions as UiO employees. Check out the current group activities and keep in touch with colleagues at UiO!
- The Culture and Welfare Committee hosts many events that are also open to pensioners, for example the cultural lunch on Fridays with 30 minutes concerts free of charge.
- The University has its own senior employees’ association (Norwegain) whose objective is to strengthen the spirit of solidarity among former colleagues, activate its members and help to facilitate the transition to life as a pensioner.
As a pensioner, you may subscribe to UiO's newspaper Uniforum, the research magazine Apollon and the IT newspaper IT-avisa free of charge:
- For Uniforum and Apollon, contact Monica Lihus Johansen, Communications Department.
- For IT-avisen, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send a message to IT-avisa, OI-gruppa/USIT, Postboks 1059 Blindern, NO-0316 Oslo.
The University pensioners’ housing cooperative
The University pensioners’ housing cooperative (Norwegian) is open to both pensioners and employees over the age of 52 years.