Salary and payments
Salaries are paid by the University’s Pay Section on the basis of vouchers submitted by the unit that is to pay for the work.
The Pay Section is divided into four faculty groups which pay the salaries for various faculties and units.
A separate group pays travel expense settlements. In addition, there is a group which deals with reimbursements from the Norwegian Labour and Welfare Service (NAV), i.e. sick pay, parental leave, etc.
- Salaries are paid on the 15th of each month. If this date falls on a weekend or public holiday, the salary is paid on the last working day before the 15th. In December, the payday is the 12th, while in July it is approximately the 7th.
- There is also an extra payment of salaries on the last day of the month. Vouchers that are not received in time for the main payment are paid then.
- Travel expense claims are settled during the first and third weeks of each month apart from in July when only one payment is made.
Is your salary late?
- First, contact the unit you work for, to hear if and when they sent the payment order to the Pay Section.
- If they sent the payment order before the deadline (Norwegian), please contact the group in the Pay Section which is responsible for payment to the department you are employed by.
- Payments to accounts abroad with IBAN and SWIFT (BIC) addresses take 2-3 days longer than inland payments. Payments to accounts in the US and other places may take one week or longer.