- Book flights, hotels and rental cars for simple travel directly using Egencia’s online travel booking system, see user guide (pdf) (Norwegian). Note:
- To book more complex travels and/or round-trips including several stop-overs, follow the routine for trips with multiple stops.
- All flights, hotels and car hire for business travel, both in Norway and abroad, must be booked through UiO’s travel agency Egencia, see why. The only exceptions are single bookings of a rental car or single bookings of a hotel UiO has a framework agreement with. Hotels abroad and non-framework agreement hotels in Norway must always be booked through Egencia.
- Log in using your UiO username and password.
- You need an up-dated profile to be able to book your travel, also if others will do your booking. A profile is created automatically, but you need to update it with your credit card details, cost centre etc.
- As a user of Egencia’s portal you have access to all ticket prices with traditional airlines, UiO’s agreement prices and many low-cost airlines. Read more about Egencia’s price guarantee and how you can travel as cheaply as possible.
Book via mobile phone or tablet
Egencia has created an app to make booking easy from your mobile phone or tablet: Egencia TripNavigator. Read more about how to download and use the app (Norwegian).
Travel with Ryanair
- Booking: All Ryanair tickets must be booked in Egencia’s portal using the credit card travel profile. This is because Ryanair does not issue invoices but requires payment by credit card.
- Check-in: All employees must use email@example.com as their e-mail address and their Egencia reference number on ryanair.com when checking in.
- Travel tracking: Information concerning the originally booked ticket can be tracked in the Egencia travel portal. Ticket changes are made on ryanair.com and cannot be tracked in the travel portal.
- To order round trips or intercontinental flights with multiple stops, complete the order form (word) and send it from your UiO email address to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: For such orders do not use portal!
- For questions about these trips please contact Egencia travel consultants by:
- telephone +47-51 44 44 40 (office hours: Monday – Friday 08:00 – 17:00; redirect to 24 hour service outside office hours at a service fee of NOK 250)
- e-mail to email@example.com (e-mails are followed up during ordinary work hours Monday – Friday 08:00 – 15:00)
- Group travel is travel in which 10 or more persons travel together in a group with the same itinerary.
- For booking of group travel including only airplane/train travel and/or hotel accommodation contact Egencia Meetings & Events:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +47 23 15 75 20
- Opening hours: 08:00-16:00
- For booking of group travel including other services than airplane/train travel and/or hotel accommodation check the contract catalogue (requires login) (Norwegian) for the correct provider. Examples may be meeting rooms, seminars, local transport, restaurants, sightseeing, theatre tickets, etc.
- You must create an order in UiO's purchasing management system, and the provider must include the E-number on the invoice. Read more about UiO's procurement routines.
- The payment method for group travel is a joint invoice, irrespective of which payment method the individual group members have registered in their profile.
- Single hotel bookings are made on Egencia’s portal or through Egencia’s travel consultants. If the hotel is included in one of UiO's framework agreements (requires login) (Norwegian) you may also book by contacting the hotel directly. UiO's framework agreements only apply to hotels in Norway.
- If you book by Egencia, your payment method is the one registered on your profile. Standard is credit card.
- If you order directly with the hotel, an invoice can be sent. In this case, you need to create a booking in UiO’s booking system and the invoice issued by the hotel must include the booking number.
Do you have a travel booker role in the Egencia system?
Staff who book travel on behalf of other UiO employees or guests must require a travel booker role in the Egencia system. You can apply for this role by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. Your application should contain the following:
- Personal information about you who shall act as travel booker:
- UiO e-mail address
- Employee number
- Mobile phone number (mandatory filed in the travel portal)
- Whether you request authorisation for booking for guests and/or UiO employees
- The organisational unit ID (6 digits) of the unit(s) for whom you shall act as travel booker
It may take a few days for a travel booker profile to be created. If a travel booking is urgent, you have one-off permission to make the booking without a travel booker profile by contacting Egencia’s travel consultants:
- Opening hours: 8.00 am–5.00 pm
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +47 23 15 04 40
This is how you book for others
- Travel must be booked in the name registered in the traveller’s passport.
- If you are booking travel for an UiO employee, this person must have an up-dated profile at Egencia.
- Simple trips you book directly in Egencia’s online travel booking system.
- When booking complex trips follow the routine for trips with multiple stops.
- The guidelines for business travel at UiO stipulate that “the trip must be conducted at the lowest price, albeit so that the travel time is not unreasonably long”. The settings in the portal help safeguard this by showing a red flag when a trip is considered outside the guidelines based on selected criteria.
- Travel marked with a red flag may be booked in the system, but you must give a reason. The codes used for this are:
- AC - Selected because of the airline
- AD - Must travel on this day
- HL - Selected because of the distance/location
- HM - Meeting/conference at the hotel
- HV - No approved hotels available
- AO/HO - Other
Egencia issues tickets as close to departure as possible in accordance with the airline's ticket registration rules on the individual ticket/fare.
- UiO has a contractual flight price guarantee. This means that Egencia must pay the difference if you can document that Egencia has not offered the cheapest alternative according to specified search criteria.
- In order to lodge a complaint about the price, follow the procedure for flight price complaints.
Phone or e-mail Egencia travel booker:
- Telephone: +47 23 15 04 40
- E-mail: email@example.com