The University of Oslo offers 157 kindergarten places in two kindergartens to its employees.
The University kindergarten at Gaustadalléen 7
The University Kindergarten offers 63 full-time places for children aged 0-6 years and has 18 employees. The kindergarten is at once centrally and rurally located at Gaustadalléen 7, right by Blindernveien T-bane station. The kindergarten is owned and run by the University of Oslo.
Blindern Barnestuer (blindern.barnehoager.no) (Norwegian) offers 94 full-time places for children aged 0-6 years and has 31 employees. The kindergarten is located on campus at Moltke Moes vei, across from the Faculty of Social Sciences. The kindergarten is parent-owned.
Children who have been accepted are secured a place until they reach school age or until their parent(s)'s employment conditions no longer fulfil the criteria for admission.
Who can apply?
- Places at both the University Kindergarten and Blindern Barnestuer are reserved for children where at least one parent holds a ¾-position or more at the University of Oslo.
- Parents who are paid by external sources may apply provided at least ¾ of their work obligation is rendered at the UiO and overhead is paid to the UiO. The term ”work obligation” comprises research, researcher education, and mandatory work.
- It is a prerequisite that both parents work outside their home. Full-time study is considered work.
- Applications are only accepted for children that have been born.
- Children who are born in the current acceptance year will automatically be placed on the waiting list as of January the following year.
Read more about the conditions in Guidelines for admission to the University Kindergarten.
Application for a kindergarten place for the following kindergarten year (August - June/July) is to be made by 1 March.
Admission only takes place once a year. Applications are reviewed by a special admission committee in accordance with the guidelines for admission to the University Kindergarten. Final decisions are sent out in the second half of March.