The University of Oslo offers 157 kindergarten places in two kindergartens to its employees.
The University kindergarten at Gaustadalléen 7
- The University Kindergarten offers 63 full-time places for children aged 0-6 years and has 18 employees. The kindergarten is at once centrally and rurally located at Gaustadalléen 7, right by Blindernveien T-bane station. The kindergarten is owned and run by the University of Oslo.
- Blindern Barnestuer (blindern.barnehoager.no) (Norwegian) offers 94 full-time places for children aged 0-6 years and has 31 employees. The kindergarten is located on campus at Moltke Moes vei, across from the Faculty of Social Sciences. The kindergarten is parent-owned.
- Children who have been accepted are secured a place until they reach school age or until their parent(s)'s employment conditions no longer fulfil the criteria for admission.
Who can apply?
- Places at both the University Kindergarten and Blindern Barnestuer are reserved for children where at least one parent holds a ¾-position or more at the University of Oslo.
- Parents who are paid by external sources may apply provided at least ¾ of their work obligation is rendered at the UiO and overhead is paid to the UiO. The term ”work obligation” comprises research, researcher education, and mandatory work.
- It is a prerequisite that both parents work outside their home. Full-time study is considered work.
- Applications are only accepted for children that have been born.
Read more about the conditions in Guidelines for admission to the University Kindergarten.
Application for a kindergarten place for the following kindergarten year (August - June/July) is to be made by 15 March through an online application form. Note: The form is only accessible in the period 1 February – 15 March.
Admission only takes place once a year. Applications are reviewed by a special admission committee in accordance with the guidelines for admission to the University Kindergarten. Final decisions are sent out in the second half of April.