Green driving while at work!
If you have a driving license, you can now use an electric car rather than a taxi or your own car whenever you need to go on a work-related trip (up to 150 km).
UiO is part of the electric car share scheme MoveAbout. Your unit can choose whether to participate in this scheme.
How to use the electric cars
- Your unit must be part of the scheme and must provide you with access to it.
- Your unit scans your driving license and sends it to MoveAbout.
- You register as a user on the MoveAbout website.
- You receive a personal card and book and use the cars as needed.
- The use of the car (including times of pick-up and drop-off) is registered under your name through the MoveAbout booking system.
- Your unit will be invoiced for the usage.
What does your unit need to do?
- Each unit must decide whether to join the electric car share scheme. It must also determine which employees may be making use of the cars.
- The unit must contact MoveAbout directly to register as a customer and submit its invoicing address.
- The unit distributes booking numbers (department code) to employees who are to be able to use the cars.
- The department submits copies of relevant driving licenses to MoveAbout.
- A joint invoice is approved and paid by each unit.
- The use of UiO's electric car share scheme must be work-related and take place during business hours.
- The unit is invoiced directly.
- The use of the car is subject to the general terms that apply to all users of MoveAbout services.
- UiO covers the deductible for any insurance-related matters.
- UiO is not responsible for fines and penalties.