Where do you discard different types of waste?

Regular waste is to be sorted into residual waste (including food waste) and paper/cardboard.

EE waste

Electrical-electronic waste (such as scrap computers or batteries) must be discarded in special containers supplied by your Operational Services area office.

Hazardous waste

Each unit at the University is responsible for discarding hazardous waste in accordance with the official regulations.

Containers for other waste

Do you need to dispose of big objects such as furniture, or do you require rental of containers? Contact your Operational Services area office!

Cleaning at UiO

At UiO, we clean using modern and environmentally friendly methods.


All questions regarding waste can directed to: