Disposal of large objects
Scrap furniture, building waste, timber, etc. are to be disposed of in appropriate steel containers. Contact your Operating Sector before disposing anything in containers that are stationed on the University campus.
At some of our waste stations there are special steel containers reserved for collecting building waste, etc. If you need to dispose of any large objects, please contact your Operational Services area office.
When should you contact your Operating Sector?
- When you need to dispose of scrap scrap furniture or other objects of a substantial size.
- When you require sporadic rental of containers for special assignements.
- When you need to dispose of used furniture which is not defect. Such furniture may be stored at the University’s storage room in Frysja.
What is never to be discarded in the stationed steel containers?
- Hazardous waste such as special waste, chemicals or risk waste
- EE waste (electrical-electronic waste) such as batteries, electric devices or used toner cassettes
- Food waste or fluids