EE waste is all discarded electrical and electronic devices and components. They use electricity or run on batteries and are controlled by electronic signals. EE waste shall be placed in dedicated containers provided for your convenience.
Where do you dispose of EE waste?
- EE waste shall be placed in collection containers that are located at most of the waste stations at UiO.
- If you don't know where the nearest collection container is: contact your local HSE coordinator, or your Operational Services area office (Technical Department).
- If you need to dispose of large components, or need to rent extra collection containers, this can be arranged by contacting Norsk Gjenvinning directly.
What is EE waste?
|IT, telecommunication and office equipment||PCs, printers, copying equipment, toner cartridges, calculators, telephones, mobile phones|
|Audio visual equipment||TVs, radios, video cameras, amplifiers, musical instruments|
|Lighting equipment||Light fittings, lamps|
|Light sources||Incandescent lamps, energy saving bulbs, fluorescent light bulbs|
|Cables and cords||Insulated electric cables, fibre optic cables, cables, cords|
|Large household appliances||Refrigeration equipment, cookers, microwave ovens, washing machines, air conditioners|
|Small household appliances||Coffee machines, kettles, toasters, vacuum cleaners and other cleaning equipment, irons, electric shavers, clocks|
|Toys, recreational and sports equipment||Video games, training equipment, slot machines|
|Medical equipment||Radiation therapy equipment, dialysis equipment, lab equipment, freezing equipment|
|Monitoring and control equipment||Smoke detectors, thermostats, adjustment apparatuses|
|Vending machines||Vending machines for beverages and food, ATMs|
|Permanently installed equipment for heating, air conditioning and ventilation||Water heaters, air conditioning units, heat pumps, thermometers|
|Electrotechnical equipment||Passenger and goods lifts, escalators, winches|
Who has responsibility for our EE waste?
- UiO pays an environmental tax on imported EE equipment through mandatory membership in a publicly certified recycling company, Eurovironment AS.
- Collection of UiO's full collection containers is carried out by Norsk Gjenvinning.
- If a unit requires data removal services, it must order and pay for the services itself.
- If you have any questions about EE waste or the agreements with Eurovironment AS and Norsk Gjenvinning, please contact the University Transport Centre at the Technical Department.