UiO’s strategic plan for 2010–2020
On 15th 2009 the University Board approved the mandate and work schedule for the compiling of a new strategic plan that is to govern the activities of the University from 2010 to 2020. The work was coordinated by the Department of Research Administration.
- Green Paper English version / Short Slides version
- Have your say! (English / Norwegian) or use e-mail
Main elements of the process
- The plan will have a timescale of ten years (2010–2020).
- One of the purposes of having a ten-year plan is to regenerate the discussion of the roadmap and the university’s long-term role in modern society.
- The plan is intended to reinforce the work on academic prioritizations and on some parts of the former strategic plan.
- Strengthening the University’s position as a research university of high international standing will continue to be a prime objective.
- Emphasis is to be placed on internationalization and on developing a university committed to excellence and environmental sustainability.
- A further aim is to facilitate a more proactive use of the strategic plan vis-à-vis the authorities and external partners.
Phase I: Preparation of the consultation document
- Weeks 39–41: input from faculties and academic units to the Rectorate on possible principal objectives and main challenges
- 12 October: closing date for input from the faculties
- 20 November: consultation document with proposals on the main strategic themes to be sent to faculties, museums and other consultative bodies; all those who wish to can provide input on an electronic form.
Phase II: Consultation phase
- 24 November: information on status and progress for the University Board
- Week 4: creative week
- 29 January: time limit for comments
Phase III: Compilation of final strategy
- 2 March: presentation of the consultation round to the University Board
- 27 April: final decision by the University Board