Attestation and authorization of travel expenses claims
Attestation of travel expenses claims
Travel expenses claims must be attested by a locally designated attestant within the Unit.
Claims that are submitted electronically are attested in the HR portal, see guidelines (Norwegian).
Attestants confirm that:
- the trip was undertaken
- the required documentation is attached to the claim form
- the allowance scales applied have been legally authorized
- the correct allowance scales have been applied
- cost assignments are correct
- all adding-up is correct
- use of own car has been approved
- the cheapest form of travel has been used
To avoid the return of incomplete vouchers, make sure that:
- aeroplane tickets are enclosed
- receipts are enclosed
- the correct rates for hosting/representation have been applied
- the regulations for travel advance have been followed
Attestants at UiO will often have to assist with the cost assignment process, particularly with identifying the correct expenditure type.
Authorization of travel expenses claims
Travel expenses claims must be authorized by the unit’s designated budget allocation officer (BDM).
Claims that are submitted electronically are authorized in the HR portal, see guidelines (Norwegian).
The officer affirms that:
- the payment has been duly authorized
- there is budgetary cover for the payment
- the payment is financially justifiable
The person who authorizes the payment must also check that the form has been correctly countersigned in accordance with the requirements listed for attestation.
- When submitted electronically in the HR portal: Reimbursement claims that are authorized in the HR portal by the Deadline at Payroll Office will be paid at the next run for travel expenses claims.
- When submitted on paper form: Complete reimbursement claims on paper that are received by the Deadline at Payroll Office will be paid at the next run for travel expenses claims.