Open PhD position [closed]
[This position has now been filled] We are happy to announce an open PhD position that will be affiliated with the fourMs research group.
- A Master degree or equivalent. The master degree or equivalent has to be achieved by the time of application.
Qualifications and personal skills
In assessing the applications, special emphasis will be placed on
- The applicant’s academic and personal qualifications in order to execute the project
- The applicant’s ability to complete research training
- Good collaboration skills and an ability to join interdisciplinary academic communities
- The project’s scientific merit, research-related relevance and innovation
Applicants who have recently graduated with excellent results may also be given preference.
- Pay grade 50 - 56 (NOK 416 600 - 460 400 per year, depending on qualifications)
- Professional development in a stimulating working environment
- Good welfare benefits
Applicants must submit all of the following attachments with the electronic application, in a word- or pdf-format:
- Application letter - what is your motivation for applying to Faculty of Humanities?
- Curriculum Vitae
- A list of published and unpublished work, if applicable
- Transcript of records of your master degree. Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their university's grading system.
- Research proposal (see below)
Our electronic recruitment system will ask you to upload the attachments in the above mentioned order. Transcript of records should be uploaded as 'Attachment' under 'Other'. Please note that all documents must be in English or a Scandinavian language.
The research proposal must not exceed 14,000 characters including spaces and is expected to answer the following seven areas:
- Main objective and summary of the project
- Background og the project
- Theoretical framework
- Research question(s) and expected findings (hypothesis)
- Proposed dissemination
- Progress Plan
All research proposals must be based on this template and applications with a research proposal longer than 14,000 characters will not be considered. A list of publication no longer that 3000 characters can be submitted additionally. See also Template for research proposal. Educational certificates, master theses and the like are not to be submitted with the application, but applicants may be asked to submit such information or works later. Interviews will be part of the application process. See also Guidelines pertaining to the application assessment process for Doctoral Research Fellowships. The University of Oslo has an agreement for all employees, aiming to secure rights to research results a.o. The University of Oslo aims to achieve a balanced gender composition in the workforce and to recruit people with ethnic minority backgrounds.