Workshop 4: Democratic Participation
Organized by Hilde Sandvik, professor at the Department of Archaeology, Conservation and History.
The workshop is a part of the "Challenges for Democracy" conference.
11.00-13.00: Session 1: Project presentations
University of Oslo’s new interdisciplinary research program Nordic initiative will start up next year with three new projects. More projects will be added in the coming years. Several of the applicants for this round have focused on democratic participation, and this workshop will discuss research ideas, initiatives and methodological challenges.
The projects that will participate in this session are:
- Nordic POLCOM A resilient Paradise. Political communication in the Nordic Countries (Øyvind Ihlen and Eli Skogerbø).
- The Norwegian Model and the quest for a “Fair Society” Forgin Interdiciplianry Perspectives, (Nina Witoszek et al.).
- Sosiale bevegelser - sentrale for norsk samfunsutvikling? (Lars Mjøset).
- Offentlighet og yttringsfrihet i Norden 1815-1900 (Dag Michalsen, Odd Arvid Storsveen and Ruth Hemstad).
- Raising the Nordic model Citizen (Elisabeth Staksrud).
The language of the first session will be Nordic.
13.00-14.00: Lunch at the Fredrikke building
14.00-15.00: Session 2: The politics of non-presence
- Suzanne Dovi: presentation of the paper "the politics of non-presence"
The language of the second session will be English.
If you want to participate at this workshop, please contact Hilde Sandvik.