MILEN International Conference 2012
This year's conference had the title "Advancing the research and policy agendas on sustainable energy and the environment" and was held at the University of Oslo on November 23rd and 24th.
The logo for the MILEN International Conference is a word cloud image based on the text from the call for papers, event poster and the three themes for the conference.
The MILEN International Conference 2012 provided a forum for the presentation of cutting edge research on the transition to low energy and low environmental impact societies. There were 28 paper presentations and two key notes.
Key note speakers:
- Elisabeth Shove, Lancaster University – Putting Practice into Policy (if you are interested in Professor Shove's key note, please contact the MILEN Administrative Coordinator)
This is a word cloud image based on Elisabeth Shove's key note adress at the MILEN International Conference 2012. Click on the image to see a full size version.
- Mads Greaker, Statistics Norway - Economic Instruments in Environmental Policy and Technological Lock-In (if you are interested in Mads presentation, please contact the MILEN Administrative Coordinator)
This is a word cloud image based on Mads Greaker's key note adress at the MILEN International Conference 2013. Click on the image to see a full size version.
The MILEN conference finished with a debate between University of Oslo researchers Karen O'Brien and Anders Elverhøi and Norwegian politicians Lars Egeland and Nikolai Astrup. They debated how to accelerate the transformation to a low energy society.
- You can see pictures from the conference in the gallery and download many of the paper presentations.
- You can also read all of the presented abstracts here.
- You can see the original event poster here.