Global challenges - Nordic experiences: Academic and political perspectives
The conference is now over, and the organizers would like to thank all that contributed to making the conference a success! We are looking forward to seeing you in Helsinki 7-9 March 2018!
Open Plenary Session 21 March 13.00-17.00
Venue: University Aula
Welcome remarks by Media consultant Paddy Coulter, Oxford University and Academic Director Haldor Byrkjeflot, UiO:Nordic
First part: A cooperation crisis? Research perspectives and responses
Keynote speaker, Professor Richard Sennett, NYU/LSE
- Cooperative Capitalism?
Panel debate chaired by Paddy Coulter.
- Professor Thomas Hylland Eriksen, University of Oslo research group NORDHOST
- Associate Professor Malcolm Langford, University of Oslo research group Nordic Branding
- Professor Dag Michalsen, University of Oslo research group The Public Sphere and Freedom of Expression in the Nordic Countries, 1815-1900
- Professor Kalle Moene, University of Oslo research group NoWeDe - Nordic Welfare Developments
- Head of Research Nina Witoszek, University of Oslo research group REN - Renewing the Nordic Model
- Professor Trygve Wyller, University of Oslo research group NORDHOST
Audience Q&A and general discussion
Second part: Cooperation crisis? Political perspectives and responses
Minister of EEA and EU Affairs and Minister of Nordic Cooperation Frank Bakke-Jensen
- The value of Nordic collaboration in a changing world
Rector Ole Petter Ottersen, University of Oslo, introduces the President of Iceland
Closing speech by Guðni Jóhannesson, President of Iceland
- What challenges? What opportunities? The future of the Nordic model
With support from