UiO Program Kiosk
This is a web based service giving you access to office, statistics and specialized applications. The service is available to all students and employees at Oslo University.
Using the UiO Program Kiosk from Mac or Linux
If you want to use the UiO Program Kiosk from a Mac or Linux computer, you need to download and install Citric Receiver.
Using the UiO Program Kiosk from a Windows computer
For Windows computers with default UiO setup, using the kiosk should be pretty much straight forward. Just log in with your UiO user name and password, and start using the software you need.
- Please note that you need to use the web browser Internet Explorer to access the UiO Program Kiosk from a Windows computer.
Are you using Internet Explorer 9 to access kiosk? Please read the Kiosk User's guide for Internet Explorer 9
If you get the following error when using Internet Explorer, please press "allow" twice to get the site up and running:
UiO Program Kiosk is also meant for home use. If you need to access or edit your documents from home or you need to access publications that are only available on the UiO network.
UiO Program Kiosk only support Internet Explorer 8 or newer. If you use Windows XP or Windows Vista you need to upgrade Remote Desktop and Internet Explorer to the latest version.
To start the Program kiosk:
- Open a newer version of Internet Explorer and go to: https://kiosk.uio.no
- Install the ActiveX component as required
- Log on with your UiO user name and password
After you've logged on you will get access to a variety of applications. Excacly what applications you have are defined by group memberships. See complete list of applications and required memberships.
On first access you might get a certificate warning. Select "Don't ask me again for remote connections from this publisher" and press "Connect" and the warning is gone for good.
UiO Program Kiosk supports printing to a local printer. Even your USB-printer at home, as long as it's not to old. If you use Windows XP or Vista you need to install at least .NET 3.5. .Net Framwork can be downloaded. Local IT support can help you install if needed.
Some printers need an XPS driver installed, especially HP-printers. Check manufaturers website for XPS drivers.
Programs directly on the Start Menu
The UiO Program Kiosk also supports "web feed". This allows for all the programs to be visible directly in your start menu without the need to open a web page.
This is only supported in Windows 7!
To set it up, do the following:
- Press the Start button and write "remoteapp" in the search field
- Choose "Set up a new connection with..."
- Enter the webfeed-url, https://kiosk.uio.no/rdweb/feed/webfeed.aspx, and press "Next" twice.
- Home computer users will be asked for a user name and password. Enter "uio\user name" and your usual password.
- If everything went as planned you will now find all your programs under "Start -> Remoteapp and Desktop Connections".
You are required to enter user name and password constantly
Download the latest version of the program (see link at the top)
Printing to local printer fails
HP's P11xx series printers need to download XPS drivers for them to work.