Programs in the start menu
By setting up WebFeed you can gain access to all the programs in the UiO Programkiosk. This means you can open the programs without logging in.
This can easily be done in Windows (follow the directions below) and OS X (with Remote Desktop from AppStore). Some faculties already have this automatically set up on their office computers. Check with your local IT personnel).
How to add programs to your start menu from UiO Programkiosk:
1. Click on the Start menu, and type RemoteApp into the search field.
2. Choose Set up a new connection with RemoteApp and Desktop Connection.
3. Copy this URL and paste it in the Email address or connection URL field: https://webfeed.uio.no/rdweb/feed/webfeed.aspx. Click Next.
4. Confirm that you want the programs in your start menu. Click Next.
5. Type in your username and password. When you type in your username, remember to type “uio\” before your username. Use your regular UiO password. Click OK.
6. And you are done! Click Finish.
Programs that are published in “Webfeed” will now be visible via “Start menu/Programs/RemoteApp and Desktop Connections/UiO Programkiosk”.
Checking status and updating
If you need to check the status, go to Control Panel --> All Control Panel Items and choose RemoteApp and Desktop Connections.
Check for updates by clicking Properties. If there are any available updates, click Update now.