UiO Programkiosk on Mac and Linux
- For easy use, without using statistics applications, local printers or copy/paste, log in to UiO Programkiosk from OS X and Linux by clicking the read login button on the UiO Programkiosk front page.
- For more demanding use from OS X and Linux, including statistics applications, local printers and copy/paste, follow the instructions on this page. Download VMWare Horizon here or install it via Managed Software Center on a MacOSX.
Installing VMWare Horizon on Mac
- Search for "Managed Software Center" in Spotlight.
- Find "VMWare Horizon Client for Mac", and click install.
Connect to UiO Programkiosk from VMWare Horizon
- Find VMWare Horizon Client with Spotlight.
- Enter the name of the connection server, which is view.uio.no. Click Connect.
- Fill in your UiO username and password.
- You should now be connected and have access to a variety of programs.
Alternative setup (demands admin rights)
- Choose Install on the UiO Programkiosk front page.
- Choose the download for the operating system that you are using.
- Agree to the end user lisence agreement.
- If you are using OS X, copy the program into the applications folder.
Installing with Linux
Download a bundle file. Run it from terminal as root.
sudo sh VMware-Horizon-Client-3*.x64.bundle
Follow the wizard and finish the install.