Access to the wireless netwoks if you do not have a UiO user name and password
If you do not have a UiO user name and password and need to connect to the wireless network, you have the following options:
- If you have a user name and password at another Eduroam affiliated educational institution, you can use that user name and password to connect to the wireless eduroam network available at the UiO campus.
- If you are a guest on campus, temporarily affiliated with UiO or have not received your UiO user name and password yet, you can get a password for the guest WiFi (uioguest) in a text message to your mobile.
Please note that the uioguest network does not provide access to all resources. For example, there is no access to the closed library resources, HR portal and the like. If you are a guest researcher or a guest who needs full access to all services, please contact your local IT staff to get guest access credentials to the eduroam network.
- To gain access credentials to the uioguest network in a text message, connect to the uioguest network, open a browser, and follow the on-screen directions. See detailed instructions.
- If you are a guest and have a contact person who is employed at the University, he or she can create an account for access to the wireless network (Wireless Account) for you. Such a Wireless Account can provide access for you to the wireless Eduroam network Eduroam at the UiO for up to 6 months. Get in touch with your contact to enquire about the possibility to get a Wireless Account.
- If you are here for a conference with its own conference network, please contact the conference crew or organizers to get access credentials to the wireless network "conferences".
- If you are an international student and have no UiO user name, please contact your local student IT staff or Houston, our IT support centre.