Printing of thesis
Master candidates at the University are entitled to having a certain number of copies of their thesis printed at the expense of their department.
Submitting the requisition for the print assignment is your department’s responsibility. It is your responsibility to deliver a pdf file: either directly to The University Print Centre via e-mail, or to your department, if your department has the routine of providing both requisition and pdf file in the same e-mail. Everything is to be submitted by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Guidelines for printing your thesis
- File format: Pdf
- File name may be as follows: <Family name-Master.pdf>
- Printing time: Allow 3-4 business days upon submission of requisition and pdf file.
- Colour print: Check with your department if they cover the expenses for colour print. If not, you may choose black-and-white print, or personally cover the extra costs. You pay when you pick up the prints.
- If you wish to order additional copies, you pay at pickup. You may pay the UiO internal fee only for additional copies if they are ordered when submitting the initial requisition from your department. (The offer applies only this one time).
- Please consult with your department about whether it has specific guidelines or expectations regarding the layout and printing of your thesis.
Information you should include in your e-mail to the University Print Centre:
- One-sided or dual-sided printing?
- Colour print that is not covered by your department?
- If you request colour print only on certain pages: which ones? Refer to the pagination of the pdf file.