Semester card and student card
A semester card will be sent to you in the post once you have registered as a student and paid the semester fee.
Take good care of your semester card. You must have it with you to obtain a student card or if you travel using student discounts.
A valid semester card is confirmation that you
- have paid the semester fee for the semester concerned
- are registered as a student for the semester concerned
- have a right to study the subjects specified in the Opptatt til følgende studier [Enrolled in the following studies] field on the semester card
Have you lost your semester card, or not received it?
Maybe a semester card is on the way from UiO. If so, the following message is displayed on the startside in StudentWeb: "Semester card ordered to your semester address: (date)". Please make sure your current semester address is correctly registered in StudentWeb.
If the address is correct in StudentWeb and you:
- have not received the semester card – you can order a new one below
- have lost the semester card - you can order a new one below
A new semester card will be sent to your semester address a few days after you have ordered it.
Semester card returned
UiO receives many returned semester cards. Help us reduce this problem:
- Register your correct semester address in StudentWeb.
- Place your name on your post box.
- Notify Posten Norge of any change of address.
Student card for UiO
The student card is a card with your name and picture on it. Together with the semester card for the semester concerned, it is valid as student identification. Among other things, the student card can be used as an access card and a library card at UiO’s libraries. Valid student identification gives you the right to discounts for travel and theatre performances etc.
The student card can be obtained from SiO. See SiO Centre for opening hours and more information.