Leave of absence and part-time studies at the Faculty of Medicine
You can apply for study leave or make an agreement on part-time studies for a period of time. It may be the case that you have had a baby or that you have to do your military service or that you have a long-term illness.
The application must contain:
- Personal details.
- What programme of study and what class year you belong to.
- Information about how long a period of leave or part-time studies you are applying for.
- Any wishes regarding following parts of the teaching or taking examinations while you are on parental leave (applies only to applications for parental leave).
If the application is sent from a Studmed e-mail address, the signature of the applicant is not required.
There is no separate application form for other types of leave applications. These applications can be submitted as an e-mail or a letter. Remember to enclose a medical certificate or a declaration by an approved healthcare practitioner when applying for sickness absence.
The general deadlines for leave of absence and for part-time studies at UiO are:
- 1 September for the autumn semester
- 1 February for the spring semester
The programme of study in medicine has its own deadlines:
- 15 May for the autumn semester of that year
- 1 November for the spring semester of the following year
Where should I send the application?
Students on the bachelor’s and master’s degree programmes should send their applications to the programme’s student administration.
Students on the programme in medicine and the five-year master’s programme in clinical nutrition should send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Faculty of Medicine, Section for Student Affairs, P.O. Box 1078 Blindern, 0316 Oslo.