Norway in a Nutshell
The University of Oslo would like to welcome all new international students with a fun introduction to student life in Norway.
What is up with the Norwegians? Join this event to learn more about the country you have just arrived in, the people that live here and all the great Norwegian traditions you need to know about as you embark on your semester in Norway.
The event will be held at Georg Sverdrups Building, auditorium 1.
There will be light serving of a traditional Norwegian food from 14:30.
Join us for an afternoon of socialising and mingle!
There will be short talks about life as a student in Oslo and Norway. The event will be hosted by The Buddy Secretary.
- 2:30 PM Light Norwegian snack in the lobby of Georg Sverdrups hus
- 3:05 PM Welcome to The University of Oslo– The Vice-Rector of research and internationalization Åse Gornitzka
- 3:20 PM How to flirt and make friends with Norwegians? Felicitas Scheffknecht (international student)
- 3:45 PM Survival Guide to living in Norway, with Lorelou Desjardins.
- 4:05 PM How to stay healthy on a student budget in Norway? Mathjelpen - The Food Helath student association
- 4:15 PM The Student Parliament – How to get involved as a student
- 4:30 PM End of programme