Arriving in Oslo
Our Meet and Greet service for new international students takes place Friday before the semester start.
Meet and Greet
On Friday 11 August between 10:00 and 16:00 you will meet a welcome committee at the Oslo Central Station. You will be helped through the first steps of arriving in Oslo: Buying a public transportation card and collecting your student housing keys at SiO Customer Service Centre at Blindern campus.
Getting to UiO
Before arriving in Oslo you should find the address of your student village, search for a map online and print it out. This will make it easier to find your way around in Oslo.
- Taxi services in Norway are expensive. Depending on which taxi company you choose, a taxi from the airport costs at least NOK 800,-. A taxi from Oslo Central Station to Kringsjå student village costs a minimum of NOK 250,-. Higher rates apply for evenings, nights and weekends.
Picking up keys and getting to the student residences
SiO Centre on Blindern Campus:
How to get to UiO and the SiO Centre
- We suggest you take the train or the coach to Oslo S (Oslo Central Station)
- From the Jernbanetorget station at Oslo S you can take the metro (T-bane) to Blindern
- The SiO Centre is located at Kristian Ottosens hus (Google map)
- Knutepunktet - International Student Reception is located at Lucy Smiths hus (Google map)
Arrival outside opening hours
If you plan to arrive outside the opening hours, you must read the information provided on the SiO website. This must be arranged well ahead of your arrival.
We strongly encourage our students to arrive in time for the semester start.
If you arrive before or after the Meet and greet-event, you must collect your student housing keys, Getting Started brochure and username/password on your own.
The Getting Started brochure and username/password can be collected at Knutepunktet during regular opening hours.
Notify SiO Housing
If you arrive more than two weeks later than indicated on your tenancy contract, you should notify SiO Housing.