This page provides important information aimed at students who have been admitted to studies at UiO, in order to prepare for their arrival and semester start. Are you interested in applying, see Admission to UiO.
Welcome to Oslo!
The Autumn semester 2017 starts Monday 14 August
- Exchange students can register for courses from 1 June
Full degree students must wait until arrival in August.
- Apply for housing by 1 June
Choose single furnished room with the arrival date 1 August
- Apply for visa/residence permit
If you are a non-EU citizen you must start the application process as soon as you receive admission to UiO
- Special needs
If you require special needs provisions for your everyday study situation, please contact your faculty as early as possible
- Plan your arrival to UiO
Attend our Meet & Greet service
Full degree students: Courses and registration
- New degree students must wait until August to register for courses.
- If you have a conditional offer of admission you will not be able to register for courses until after you have handed in required documents and your study right has been activated.