Learning outcome for students attending this study programme 2017 or earlier
What will you learn?
General learning outcomes
• In-depth knowledge of a broad range of methods and techniques for analysis and problem solving within the fields of astronomy and astrophysics.
• The ability to apply these methods in advanced basic research.
Target knowledge and understanding
• In-depth knowledge of a specific field within astronomy and astrophysics through a research programme you will conduct and subsequently present as an academic thesis.
• An understanding of methods from physics, statistics and informatics, and the application and interpretation of these methods.
• Skills required for conducting independent basic research, and the ability to think academically and analytically.
• Good practical skills in the use of relevant programming tools.
• The ability to collaborate with academic specialists from other fields of study.
• The ability to express yourself in a precise academic manner.
• The ability to actively use existing literature in order to gain insight into the work of others and support your own specialist problems.