In this master's programme you will get a solid basis in the informatics and statistical methodology necessary for working within Data Science. Depending on your interest you can specialise into different topics.
A graduate with a Master of Science in Data Science:
- has broad insight, understanding and intuition of the whole process line of extracting knowledge from data
- has a deep insight in one of the specialisations within the program, depending on the study and the choice of the master project
- has solid knowledge in a broad range of methods based on statistics and informatics and can use these for data management, analysis and problem solving
- has experience in deriving theoretical properties of methods involved in Data Science
- has experience in implementation/modification of methods involved in Data Science
A gradaute with a Master of Science in Data Science can familiarize themselves with complex practical problems, pinpoint problems and find suitable solution methods:
- In the master project, the student receives training to familiarize themselves with the relevant literature and to use this in an active and critical manner in relation to their own Project.
- Most master projects involve the development and use of suitable methods and algorithms that provide the student training in the use of relevant programming tools and software.
A gradaute with a Master of Science in Data Science has a good understanding of the relationship between a specific problem and the methods used to solve the problem:
- Many master projects are based on practical problems and give the students training in evaluating a suitable solution for a practical problem.
A graduate with a Master of Science in Data Science can express themselves precisely and scientifically, in Norwegian or English, both written and orally:
- During the thesis, the student receives feedback on both the form and content of their written work.
- At the final master hearing the student presents their results and discuss them with external and internal sensors.
- A number of master's courses include project works that provides training in written and oral presentation.
A graduate with a Master of Science in Data Science can collaborate, even across disciplines, with other specialists:
- Candidates with master´s degree in Data Science have professional knowledge and overall understanding and ability to discuss and communicate academic issues at different precision levels. This is essential in the workplace where they will cooperate with other specialists (such as economists, lawyers, engineers and doctors).