Learning outcome for students attending this study programme in 2017 or earlier
By following the master’s programme in geosciences you will focus on problems related to this planet’s structure, solid surface, fresh water, oceans and atmosphere, depending on which programme option you choose. By doing so, you will have the possibility to participate in the work of active research groups or individuals, working on international level. With your master’s thesis you will have the possibility to either work with applied problems or basic research.
Knowledge-based learning outcomes
- You will gain specific knowledge within the different areas of geosciences, covering geology, geophysics, hydrology, physical geography/geomatics, meteorology and oceanography.
- You will gain a deeper understanding of how the earth system functions, depending on which specific programme option you choose.
Skill-based learning outcomes
- To have the ability to work independently on scientific objectives.
- To have the ability to independently analyse and present scientific data.
- To acquire extensive cooperation skills.
- To be able to use acquired competence for work in central scientific and public management institutions and in private companies.
- To be able to present scientific topics and research results both orally and in written form.
- To be able to evaluate critically scientific literature and reports.
Affective learning outcomes
At the end of the master’s programme in geosciences the students should be able to reflect around central, ethical, philosophical and scientific problems in relation to individual work and the work of others.
The program seeks to maintain and develop academic curiosity so as to promote scientific values such as openness, precision and the importance of separating between knowledge and opinions.