How to apply?
We will not be offering any admission this year
International applicants except nordic citizens and applicants with a permanent or renewable residence in Norway.
Nordic citizens and applicants with a permanent or renewable residence
permit in Norway.
Deadline for Nordic applicants is June 1st.
Students who need a residence permit for study purposes are considered to be international applicants, and should see admission for international applicants.
Nordic applicants should submit the following documents:
-Copy of bachelor degree and transcripts
-Documentation of English Proficiency (see below for further information)
-Statement of Purpose
For the coming cohort (2012-2014) there are no Erasmus Mundus scholarships available, however, students may the opportunity to receive funding through Nordlys and Eramsus funding. These funding options will be explained when admission has been granted.
Special admission requirements
Admission to master’s degree studies requires:
- a completed bachelor’s degree comparable to a Norwegian bachelor’s degree
- a specialization defined by the programme
- a grade point average (GPA) of C or better from the specialization in your degree.
In addition applicants to master programmes offered in English must fulfil the language requirements by one of the test/exams listed below.
- Passed examination in English foundation course (140 hours/5 periods per week) in Norwegian upper secondary school with a minimum grade of 4 (or an equivalent grade from a Nordic upper secondary school) or alternatively passed examination in English from second and/or third school year.
- TOEFL test with a minimum score of 580 on Paper-based test or 92 on Internet-based test
- IELTS (academic) test with a minimum score of 6.5
Other documentation based on individual assessment.
Applicants must make sure to have a valid test at the time of admission. TOEFL must be documented with original sent directly from ETS to the University of Oslo. The University's code number for TOEFL is 0756. IELTS must be verifiable online.
Ranking of applicants
Applicants are ranked according to their grade point average (GPA). Applicants who can not be estimated according to their grade point average, will be ranked based on individual assessment.