NO ADMISSION WILL BE GIVEN FOR FALL 2013
The aim of the Programme is to provide students with a solid basis for analysing and critically assessing change processes at all relevant levels in higher education, and to understand, for example, the management dimension in these processes. The Course puts a special emphasis on change processes related to quality development in higher education. This implies, amongst other things, that the relationship between national and institutional policies in areas such as funding, ICT, human resources development, and student support on the one hand and quality development on the other will be examined from a number of perspectives.
The main objectives are to enable the participating students:
- To understand the basic nature of higher education and research, its institutions, systems and programmes and curricula.
- To apply the main concepts, theories, and disciplinary perspectives used in the field of higher education research to the practice of higher education.
- To examine how changes in policies, functions and operations of higher education are related.
- To analyse and understand the role of management in higher education change processes
- To analyse and understand the nature of quality development in higher education change processes.
- To critically reflect upon the nature, as well as the cultural and socio-economic roles of higher education.
- To demonstrate a capacity to make a contribution to the knowledge on higher education through thesis related research