The European Master in Health Economics and Management is a full time program. Learning activities are organized according to the following plan for 120 credits in total.
|4th semester||Thesis work|
|1st semester||HECON4100 Fundamentals of health economics||HMAN4100 Fundamentals of management||HMET4100 Fundamentals of statistics1||HGOV4100 Fundamentals of health care systems||HLAW4100 Fundamentals of health law||HMED4100 Fundamentals of medicine|
|Credits||5 credits||5 credits||5 credits||5 credits||5 credits||5 credits|
- The first semester is aimed at acquiring fundamentals of economics, management, law, policy sciences and research methods relevant to the health care sector. All fundamental courses need to be passed (or exemption received) in order to start 2. semester courses.
- Second and third semesters are devoted to the development of advanced & specialized skills on current issues in health care sector.
- The fourth semester is dedicated to the preparation of the master thesis. Students who want to write their master thesis in Oslo need to submit a research proposal no later than 15th of November in the third semester.
You can gain further specialization by an internship in prominent organizations and by the possibility of spending up to two semesters in a partner university. Agreements allow you to access teaching activities, earn credits from graduate programs, and achieve a degree (joint degree) with the following academic partners:
- Management Center Innsbruck (MCI)
- Erasmus School of Health Policy & Management, Erasmus University Rotterdam
- Institute of Economics, University of Bologna
For an overview of each university's specializations, please visit the Eu-HEM programme's home page.