Students on the master’s degree programme in human geography can apply to the department for funding to partly cover expenses for field work abroad.
- How to apply
- How disbursements are made
- You can also apply for funding from the Norwegian State Educational Loan Fund
Field work must be carried out in a professional manner and with maximum personal safety.
The following requirements apply for approval of field work destinations:
- The destination must be relevant to the research question studied.
- The destination must not be located in a region or country that the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the Norwegian Institute of Public Health have advised against travelling to. See the Ministry’s web page on travel advice.
- Students are obliged to read UiO’s advice on safety when abroad and the brochure Safety abroad.
- UiO’s web pages on studies abroad also contain some useful information on travelling.
It is important that you complete UiO’s self-declaration form for studies abroad so that we can provide help if necessary when you are abroad.