How to apply?
Admission is once a year. Application process and deadlines are different for international and Nordic applicants.
- 1 December: International applicants
- 15 April: Extended deadline for EU/EEA/Swiss citizens
- 15 April: Nordic citizens and applicants with a permanent residence in Norway
Only candidates who have completed a Bachelor's degree within mathematics, natural science or technology are considered for admission to Master in Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
International applicants except nordic citizens and applicants with a permanent or renewable residence in Norway.
Nordic citizens and applicants with a permanent or renewable residence
permit in Norway.
Formal admission requirements
Admission to master's degree studies requires:
- country list. and a completed bachelor's degree comparable to a Norwegian bachelor's degree. Applicants with foreign education, please refer to the
- a specialization defined by the programme (Special admission requirements - see below)
- a minimum grade point average (GPA) of C (in Norwegian scale) or equivalent from the specialization in your degree.
- a language requirement documented by one of the tests/exams below:
a) Passed examination in English foundation course (140 hours/5 periods per week) in Norwegian upper secondary school with a minimum grade of 4 (or an equivalent grade from a Nordic upper secondary school) or alternatively passed examination in English from second and/or third school year, or
b) An internationally recognised English language proficiency test.
Special admission requirements
Only candidates who have completed a Bachelor's degree within mathematics, natural science or technology are considered for admission. Candidates must have 80 ECTS credits in their Bachelor's degree in technology, mathematics or natural sciences.
The admission process also requires you to hand in your:
2) Motivation letter (1/2 page – 1 page stating why you are applying for the Master’s degree in Innovation and Entrepreneurship.)
Please send your CV and motivation letter as pdf-documents to: email@example.com before the deadline 15 April.
Please mark your documents with your name.
The CV and Motivation Letter will be evaluated as part of the application process.
Ranking of applicants
Applicants are ranked according to their grade point average (GPA). Applicants who can not be estimated according to their grade point average, will be ranked based on individual assessment.
Centre for Entrepreneurship evaluates candidates individually also by the CV and Motivation letter.
Recognition of prior education
If you want to seek admission with higher education from another university than the University of Oslo, you must apply for recognition of this education. Education from both Norwegian and non-Norwegian higher education institutions may be recognised.