Target knowledge and understanding
• Theoretical and practical knowledge related to modern materials chemistry, materials physics, energy physics and nanotechnology.
• Academic breadth and depth.
• The necessary foundation for training in research.
• The skills needed to plan and carry out large-scale projects logically and efficiently.
• The skills needed to report and present results in a professional manner.
• The ability to evaluate research and academic publications.
• The ability to work independently with research.
On completing your master's degree, you should be capable of reflecting on central, ethical and scientific problems related to your own work. This programme of study will help to develop your academic curiosity and give you understanding and respect for scientific values such as openness, precision, accountability and the importance of distinguishing between knowledge and opinions.