How to apply?
Admission is once a year. Application process and deadlines are different for international and Nordic applicants.
- 1 December: International applicants
- 15 April: Extended deadline for EU/EEA/Swiss citizens
- 15 April: Nordic citizens and applicants with a permanent residence in Norway
International applicants except nordic citizens and applicants with a permanent or renewable residence in Norway.
This programme/study option is also offered to eligible candidates under the Norwegian Quota Scheme.
Nordic citizens and applicants with a permanent or renewable residence
permit in Norway.
Application process for Norwegian, Nordic and other resident international applicants:
Formal admission requirements
Admission to master's degree studies requires:
- country list. and a completed bachelor's degree comparable to a Norwegian bachelor's degree. Applicants with foreign education, please refer to the
- a specialization defined by the programme (Special admission requirements - see below)
- a minimum grade point average (GPA) of C (in Norwegian scale) or equivalent from the specialization in your degree.
- a language requirement documented by one of the tests/exams below:
a) Passed examination in English foundation course (140 hours/5 periods per week) in Norwegian upper secondary school with a minimum grade of 4 (or an equivalent grade from a Nordic upper secondary school) or alternatively passed examination in English from second and/or third school year, or
b) An internationally recognised English language proficiency test.
Special admission requirements
A relevant bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a minimum grade of C or the equivalent.
Before students are formally accepted onto the Master’s Programme motivation, research interests and professional practice will also be taken into consideration
Ranking of applicants
Applicants are ranked according to their grade point average (GPA). Applicants who can not be estimated according to their grade point average, will be ranked based on individual assessment.
Recognition of prior education
If you have previous higher education, you may apply for specific recognition of this education as part of your degree. Education from both Norwegian and non-Norwegian higher education institutions may be recognised. Recognition depends upon whether the education meets the specific requirements of your degree. Read more about recognition of external education at the Faculty of Educational Sciences.