Change of seminar groups for bachelor students
If your seminar group collides with compulsory teaching, you can apply for a change of seminar.
You have the right to change seminar group if you:
- Did not get any of the three groups you prioritized in Studentweb
- Have been placed in a group which collide with compulsory teaching in another of your registered courses.
If you have been placed in a seminar group that you prioritized, and then discovered that it collides with other compulsory activities, you may also apply. However, you are not guaranteed a new seminar group.
How to apply
- Deadline: January 21 - but please apply as soon as possible.
- You may submit your application after the deadline, but you are not guaranteed a new seminar group if you apply after the deadline.
When and how will you get your answer?
- If you apply within January 21, the answer to your application will appear in Studentweb by January 31.
- If your application is accepted, the new seminar group will appear in Studentweb. If your application is rejected, the seminar group will not be changed.
- You will also receive an e-mail to your UiO-email.
- You can also apply after January 21, but you are not guaranteed that your application is assessed.
Change the seminar group in Studentweb yourself
You should try to change the seminar group in Studentweb yourself from January 2, 2018.
- Find your course under "My active courses" and "Class info".
- Click "Edit" and you will see which seminars you may change to.
- Choose your preferred seminar and click "Save".
Absence from obligatory activities
Information about compulsory activity can be found on each course page, under the heading “Teaching”. If you do not complete and pass the compulsory activities, you are not permitted to take the exam.
If your seminar teaching starts before you have received a response to your application, you have to follow the seminar group you have been admitted to.