If you have a physical disability and require adaptation for your everyday study situation and for examinations, UiO can lend you technical aids as well as providing other help. Please contact your faculty for guidance.
UiO can offer
- Physical accessibility to all buildings and lecture rooms (in Norwegian) by means of automatic door openers, wheelchair ramps etc., wherever possible
- Reservation of the best possible seat in the lecture hall
- Reservation of study space in the reading room
- Quiet room
- Loan of technical aids
- Practical help by appointing an assistant
- Special examination arrangements
There are parking spaces at all faculties for students who have a municipal parking permit for the physically disabled. If you do not have a parking permit issued by your home municipality, contact the Estate Department.
You will find information about parking spaces for the physically disabled on the webpages with maps of UiO’s buildings(in Norwegian).
Parking spaces are marked with the handicap symbol. If required, a fixed parking space can be reserved, for example for vehicles with a wheelchair ramp. In special circumstances, permission may be granted to drive onto campus via the campus barriers.
Contact your faculty
Contact your faculty as early as possible in the semester. Queries will be treated confidentially.