Svetla T. Kovatcheva
- Norwegian language and culture for international researchers (NORIR)
- Norwegian for Academics (NORA)
- The International Summer School (ISS)
- Lectures at the biennial seminar for university lecturers in Scandinavian languages organised by The International Summer School, University of Oslo, Norway
- Lectures for visiting students and schoolars at The International Summer School, University of Oslo, Norway
- Guest lecturer at the course Norwegian Life & Society, The International Summer School University of Oslo, Norway
- Lectures at the mandatory training courses for physicians at The Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo
Courses taught at The International Summer School
- 2017 (6-7 October) Course in Translation at The Norwegian School of Economics NHH, Bergen
- 2016 (oral/ written exam 13-14 May 2016) - Cambridge University: Certificate of Legal English Language
- 2015-2016 (autumn and spring semester) - leadership courses at the University of Oslo. Organised by The Department of Personnel Support, University of Oslo.
- 2015 (spring and autumn semester) - University Pedagogy (universitetspedagogikk), 175 hours in total. University of Oslo.
- 2011 - Government Authorized Interpreter Norwegian-Bulgarian/ Bulgarian-Norwegian. Approved: English-Norwegian/Norwegian-English
- 2009 - Cambridge University: Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE)
- 2007 - Cand.philol. Degree in Scandinavian Languages, Faculty of Humanities, University of Oslo, Norway
Thesis: "Languages in the EU. The language development in the institutions of the European Union - a case study" (in Norwegian bokmål)
Hovedfagsoppgave: "Språk i EU. En casestudie om flerspråkligheten i EUs institusjoner"
Guest researcher and trainee at The Directorate-General for Interpretation at the European Commission in Brussels (schoolarship from The Faculty of Humanities at The University of Oslo, May 2005)
Schoolarship from the European Commission for a trainee period of 6 months at The Publications Office of The European Union in Luxembourg (2008)
- 2000-2002 - Master of Science Degree in Strategy&International Business, The Norwegian School of Management BI, Sandvika
Field of Specialization: Petroleum Economics&Administration
Thesis: "The re-emerging role of Russia as a large energy supplier. A case study of the Russian oil and gas industry" (in English)
- 1996-1997 - exchange student at The University of Oslo (schoolarship from The Research Council of Norway Forskningsrådet under the cultural agreement between Norway and Bulgaria)
- 1993-1996 - Bachelor´ s Degree in Scandinavian languages and German, Sofia University "Kliment Ohridski", Bulgaria
- August 1996 - schoolarship from Goethe Institut and Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst for an intensive summer course in German language
- July-August 1995 - schoolarship from Svenska Institutet in Stockholm for an intensive summer course in Swedish, highest level
Bulgarian - mother tongue
Norwegian, English - fluent oral and written
Russian, German - very good oral and written
- Italian, French - basic knowledge
- Working knowledge of other Scandinavian (Swedish, Danish) and Slavic (Serbian, Macedonian, etc.) languagues
Language consultant for two documentary films for NRK1 Brennpunkt (Norwegian National Broadcasting Corporation Channel 1, November 2016-April 2017)
Consultant for the film "Ледената арфа" ("The Ice Harp", about Norway and the cultural heritage, politics, values of the Norwegian society), production of Channel 1, Bulgarian National Television, January 2015
Media contact in Norway for Bulgarian National Television Channel 1 (BNT 1) - political and news commentator about the 22 July Norway Attacks (July 2011-December 2012)
Publications, Books, Course Materials, and other
2017: Course compendium, curriculum and course content for the summer course Intensivt kurs i norsk for viderekomne trinn IV, The International Summer School, University of Oslo
2016: Course compendium, curriculum and content for the summer course Intensivt kurs i norsk for viderekomne trinn IV, The International Summer School, University of Oslo
2015: Course compendium, curriculum and content for the summer course Intensivt kurs i norsk for viderekomne trinn IV, The International Summer School, University of Oslo
2014: Course compendium, curriculum and content for the summer course Intensivt kurs i norsk for viderekomne trinn IV, The International Summer School, University of Oslo
2010: Developed the curriculum and the content of a new course "Norwegian for international researchers basic level 4" and "Advanced level 1"
2007: Thesis: "The language development in the institutions of the European Union. A case study" available as a book at the library of the Norwegian Parliament Stortinget and The Norwegian Language Council Språkrådet.
Planned Presentations, Lectures, Invited Talks 2017-2018
12 March 2018: "Der språk møter medisin" ("Where Languages meet Medicine"). Presentation at the The Norwegian Psychiatric Association Annual Congress www.psykiatriveka.no Bergen, Norway.
6-8 March 2018: Co-organizer of the Event "Norwegian Days at ELTE" - a part of the Erasmus+ Teaching Mobility Programme. Guest Lectures and Seminars at The Department of Scandinavian Studies, Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest, Hungary. Will be holding the following lectures:
1. "Norge i verden, og verden i norsk politikk" 2. "Norge og EU: en historisk oversikt" 3."Norge og EU: Utenfor og innenfor - 25 år med europeisk samarbeid. 4. "Norge og Brexit: Konsekvenser for Norge etter 25 år med europeisk samarbeid" 5. "Hva skal vi leve av etter oljen: Om konsekvensene av EØS-avtalen, innvandring til Norge og Statens pensjonsfond utland "oljefondet""
Conferences, Seminars, Presentations, Workshops, Lectures, Invited Talks (in Norway and internationally, since 2015)
4 December 2017: "Norway, the European Union, the EEA Agreement and Brexit: What wil be the Implications for Norway after 25 years of European Cooperation?". Guest Lecture at The University of Amsterdam.
20 October 2017: "The Slavic Languages and Norwegian: A Contrastive Perspective". Internal Seminar. The International Summer School. University of Oslo. Norway
20 July 2017: Guest Lecture at the course Norwegian Life&Society, The International Summer School, University of Oslo. Norway
"Justice and Law: The Norwegian Legal System. History, Foundation and Major Trends."
24 March 2017: The International Summer School, University of Oslo, Norway: Lecture for visiting students and scholars from The Eötvös Lórand University of Budapest, Hungary
"Jeg trives best med to og et halvt: Om norsk språkhistorie, språknormering og grammatisk kjønn."
23 March 2017: Guest Lecture at The Nordic Week Conference, Paris-Sorbonne University, France
"Le système juridique en Norvège et sa langue juridique" (The Court System in Norway and the language of law. Domstolsystemet i Norge og det juridiske fagspråk)
30 September 2016, 10 March 2017, 22 September 2017: Lecture at a mandatory training course for physicians "Transcultural Psychiatry" - a part of the graduate medical education for physicians to obtain a specialist approval - organised by The Norwegian Medical Association (Den norske legeforening) and The Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo (Det medisinske fakultet ved Universitetet i Oslo) and Oslo University Hospital Rikshospitalet), Norway.
29 July 2016: Lecture at the international biennial seminar for university lecturers and assistant professors in Scandinavian languages and literature organised by the International Summer School, University of Oslo. Norway
"About interpreting and the role of the interpreter. From The European Commission to The Supreme Court."
22 March 2016: Guest Lecture at The Nordic Week, at Paris-Sorbonne University, Paris, France.
"The gender system, particularly the femininum, in Norwegian bokmål"