When to apply
The application portal for scholarship applicants is closed for Summer 2017.
The application portal for Summer 2018 will open on December 1, 2017.
- When you apply you must choose if you want to live on or off campus.
- On-campus space is limited and we recommend applicants who wish to live on campus to apply early.
- Admission to the ISS does not automatically grant students the right to on-campus housing at the Blindern Dormitory.
- Gather all the required documents, and upload them in the Application Portal within the application period December 1 to February 1.
- You can log in to the portal multiple times to upload documents, within the given deadline.
- If you need instructions on how to upload your documents, please read our guidelines for uploading documents.
6. Apply online
The scholarship application for Summer 2017 is closed.
Register your application through UiO's application portal:
- Enter your full legal name, including middle name(s), exactly as it is written in your passport.
- Use one email address to avoid creating multiple user IDs/applications.
- Make sure that you apply for the correct type: Scholarship/Self-financing, on-campus/off-campus.
- You can apply as a self-financed applicant or as a scholarship-applicant. If you apply for both your scholarship application will be rejected.
- US and Canadian applicants: please apply as "Self-financed", even if you apply for a scholarship. See why?
Please note! Your application will be considered invalid if you have not uploaded all supporting documents by the deadline. Invalid applications will not be processed.
7. Get your application result
- Scholarship applications are evaluated by committees concurrently in one session for each course.
- You will receive an email with the result of your application when your application has been processed.
- "Scholarship" means you have applied for either just a scholarship or both scholarship and travel grant.
All scholarship results will be announced by April 15.