Terms and conditions of ISS scholarships and travel grants
By accepting your offer of admission you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.
- The value of the scholarship is not payable in cash.
- Scholarships awarded are non-negotiable.
- If you apply for both a scholarship and a travel grant, it is not guaranteed you will be awarded both. You might only get a scholarship, but not a travel grant.
- You may be asked to write a report or letter to the scholarship donor.
- The donor has the right to request your final grades from the ISS.
- You are responsible for covering expenses that are not included in the scholarship (for example: travel costs to and from the airport, visa application fees, personal costs, etc).
- It is the recipient’s responsibility to evaluate if they can afford participation at the ISS after reviewing the costs and what is not covered by the scholarship.
- You must meet the attendance requirements.
- You must submit all mandatory assignments.
- You must attend all exams.
Failure to meet the above academic requirements will result in a failing grade for the course and possible expulsion from the ISS program, early deportation from Norway and/or a duty to repay the ISS for the monetary value of your scholarship.
Recipients from USA and Canada (on-campus students only)
- all or part of the On-Campus Basic Fee
For all other recipients (both on- and off-campus students)
The Basic Fee
Covers class participation, health insurance, extracurricular activities, and one weekend excursion. The On-Campus Basic Fee also covers room and board. Choose either on-campus or off-campus when applying in the Application Portal.
The ISS Office orders and provides all course textbooks and reading materials for scholarship recipients. Course textbooks and reading materials will be given to recipients after arrival.
NOTE: The ISS does not reimburse recipients if they obtain and pay for their own course textbooks/reading materials in advance of the course.
Oslo transportation card
The ISS Office orders and provides an Oslo transportation card for the duration of the program (43 days). The transportation card will be given to recipients after arrival.
NOTE: The ISS does not reimburse recipients if they obtain and pay for their own Oslo transportation card. The ISS does not replace lost cards.
ISS Scholarships DO NOT cover:
- Pocket money (per diem)
- Visa application fees
- Any other personal costs
- The travel grant covers plane tickets to/from Oslo
- It does not cover travel to/from airport or visa fees.
- The ISS Office books all plane tickets for scholarship recipients who receive travel grants.
- The ISS does not reimburse recipients if they obtain and pay for their own plane tickets to/from Oslo.
Arrival and departure
Dates of arrival/departure are:
- Arrival in Oslo: Friday, June 22
- Departure from Oslo: Friday, August 3
The ISS Office decides the arrival/departure dates based on the lowest fare. These dates cannot be negotiated.