When to apply
- The application portal for Summer 2018 is open.
- The application deadline is March 1.
The basic fee includes extracurricular activities, one weekend excursion, and health insurance. You can choose between on and off campus housing.
On-Campus Fee (also includes room & board) NOK 24,200 / USD 3,230
Off-Campus Fee (does not include room & board) NOK 9,800 / USD 1,310
- When you apply you must choose if you want to live on- or off-campus.
- Admission to the ISS does not automatically grant students the right to on-campus housing at the Blindern Dormitory.
- On-campus space is limited and housing is awarded on a rolling basis for admitted self-financed applicants.
- We recommend applicants who wish to live on campus to apply early.
- Gather all the required documents, and upload them in the application portal within the application period.
- You can log in to the portal multiple times to upload documents, before the given deadline.
- If you need instructions on how to upload your documents, please read our guidelines for uploading documents.
6. Apply online
The application portal is open!
Register your application in the University of Oslo's online application system.
- Enter your full legal name, including middle name(s), exactly as it is written in your passport.
- Use one email address to avoid creating multiple user IDs/applications.
- Make sure that you apply for the correct type: Self-financed, on-campus or off-campus.
- There is no "Submit" button in the portal
- You can log in multiple times to complete your application and upload documents by the given deadline.
- If you need help, see our guide to applying in UiO's online application portal.
Please note! Your application will be considered invalid if you have not submitted all supporting documents by the deadline. Invalid applications will not be processed.
7. Get your application result
We will start to send out admission letters by email in late January.
From January the results of your application will be sent to you by e-mail within three weeks after you have uploaded all necessary documents.