Forfeiting the ISS Health Insurance Policy
You can forfeit if you:
- have your own private health/travel insurance
- are a citizen of the EU and have an EU Health Card (NOTE: the EU Health Card covers only medical treatment, not other costs such as medical transport),
- are covered by the Norwegian National Insurance Scheme ("Folketrygden"),
- do not need a visa
Important to know, if you are forfeiting:
- You must pay all fees in cash at time of services, and submit reimbursement claims to your health insurance provider.
- Check to see if your own health insurance policy covers you in all countries you intend to visit while abroad.
How to forfeit?
You must send in documentation of your own health insurance and submit a completed Forfeit Form to the ISS. The form will be available in January 2017
Failure to submit the Forfeit Form will result in expulsion from the program.
If you want to forfeit the ISS health insurance please contact the ISS administration: